As part of your regular visits to our office, you will receive an oral cancer screening to ensure that your mouth is in good health. The Grand Dental Center team cares about our patients, and we strive to fulfill our part in keeping your mouth and smile healthy.
Oral cancer includes cancers of the lips, tongue, floor of the mouth, cheeks, throat (pharynx), sinuses, and hard and soft palate. While oral cancer can usually be successfully treated when detected early, most cases of oral cancer are not detected until they have progressed into a more serious, advanced stage that is much more difficult to treat. In fact, oral cancer may be life threatening.
Here are some common symptoms of oral cancer:
- A persistent sore throat or feeling that something is caught at the back of the throat
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- A persistent or lasting sore on the face, neck, or mouth that bleeds easily and does not heal within two weeks
- Unexplained loss of feeling, pain, or numbness in the face, neck, or mouth
- Ear pain
- Lumps, bumps, or rough spots on the gums, lips, or other parts of the mouth
- Red, white, or speckled red and white patches in the mouth
- Difficulty chewing, speaking, or swallowing
- A change in the way your teeth or dentures fit together
We are dedicated to doing all we can to detect and treat oral cancers and other abnormalities at the earliest possible stage. While our team will perform a screening for oral cancer to check for these and other symptoms, we encourage you to contact us if you notice any of these problems or if you experience any other type of dental pain. We are committed to helping you stay in good health. For questions or more information, contact Grand Dental Center today at 218-326-0339.
Schedule an Appointment
Call Grand Dental Center today at 218-326-0339 and schedule a consultation to learn what the best dental treatments are for you. Whether you need a family dentist or you suffer from complex dental issues, Dr. Lisa Johnson and Dr. Leanna McBride are here to help you.